Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fake it till ya make it!

I was talking to my husband today and he reminded me of this saying. It's one of my favorites. Why? Because it encourages you to try new things and develop new talents.

When I was young I always wanted to sing (perform). In fact, I had often prayed that I would have an opportunity to sing. I didn't often get the chance, I didn't speak up and volunteer.

Then when I was in high school, I moved. In my new ward we were doing a stake program that had talking parts and singing parts. I was asked to sing in this program! I said yes right away. It was only once I got home and realized what this meant; that I was scared to death! However, I had wanted a way to express my love for Heavenly Father; and since this was church related I would get to. So I prayed that I'd have the confidence to do it.

The phrase "Fake it till you make it" came to my mind and I thought "Okay, I can do that. I'll just pretend I've done this a million times before, and it's no big deal." I did, it went fine and I had many more opportunities to sing and share my testimony of the Savior.

I'm glad I learned that and took the challenge to try something new and develop a new talent.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love this!!! So true!!! Was that the "When It's Love" program. Oh good memories!!! :-)