Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sweet is the peace the gospel brings

I'm sitting here on the comp and my hubby is watching the Sunday afternoon session of conference. The temple has been mentioned and it reminded me of some thoughts I had on Easter during sacrament meeting.
I have NEVER been more grateful for my temple marriage and sealing than I have been this last month. From the first moments as all my fears came crashing in on me; I have been comforted to know that I have not "lost" my daughter. Anthony and I were sealed in the Seattle temple in 2000. Felicity was born in the covenant, ours forever.
Anthony's mission president came to visit us, he has since served as a member of the seventy and as a temple president. As we discussed some things, temple work came up. I asked and question and he turned to me with the sweetest smile on his face and told me that we had been sealed as a family, that because we had done that, we had given her every blessing possible. We had already done all we could for her. I can not tell you the peace and comfort that has given me. I have felt to run out and shout to all the world the marvelous blessings of the temple.
My Dad's favorite scripture has long been Alma 29:1-2 "O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people! Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth."
I now know this same desire. I wish I could share my heart and my feelings with those who have not yet been to the temple or not yet sealed their precious families to them and to the Lord. How I wish I could share my sense of urgency with those. Words are not enough to convey the comfort I have felt knowing we did all we could to seal her ours so that now we are only enduring a separation and not an ending. I truly feel to sing " Sweet is the peace the gospel brings".

6 comments:

The Ziemers said...

It does bring peace of mind and a different perspective to know that we will be with our families forever. Thanks for the reminder.

Jennalee said...

you are amazing...I haven't been reading the blogs lately and didn't know you'd started writing more than you have on fb (which also amazes me because you sound so strong)...Pamela! I love you and thank you for the things you are teaching through this 'experience' to the rest of us...would that I could have been there to hug you ---watch out for when I DO see you :)

Michelle said...

You speak so eloquently and heartfelt. I am so glad you are feeling the peace of the Gospel! It is an amazing healer! You are beautiful! How are you doing since your family has gone? Love you!

Sarah said...

Beautiful words and reminder. I love the peace the gospel brings.

Taylor family said...

You always put it so perfectly. Your experience, heart ache and strength has been an amazing missionary tool for many. Not only those who are not members, but also those of us who are just looking for a little bit of a reminder as to why the gospel is so important in our lives.

Tepoe said...

Pam, I just linked to your blog from Lauren's and wondered why I have never done this before?? I love what you just wrote. Thank You- and check your email. I bugged Anthony for your email addy b/c I am going to send you something.
See you, Tepoe