This morning I feel like my spirits are sagging a little. The morning started with my 7 yr old not wanting to get up for school, and fighting it every step of the way almost missing his ride. And waking his two younger brothers in the process.
Then a few minutes after he left, my parents called to tell me that my Grandma had passed away last night.
At first I was relieved by this news. She was a 101 yrs old and has had a wonderful life. She's been in good health all things considered for a while and only these last few months has it gone down hill. She's seemed close to the end for a while now, but has seemed to fight it. On Sunday we had a family fast for her and prayed that she'd be relieved of her suffering. She passed away Monday night. I am happy that she has finally gone home to our Father above and all the family members that await her there. Even knowing all these things, my heart is a little heavy again because I will miss her so much! She is amazing and one of my favorite people and one of the most influential people in my life.
So, today as I said; I feel my spirits are sagging a little. But I take comfort in a quote that my awesome friend Michelle gave me when Felicity passed, it says:
"Irrespective of age, we mourn for those loved and lost. Mourning is one of the deepest expressions of pure love. It is a natural response in complete accord with divine commandment: “Thou shalt live together in love, insomuch that thou shalt weep for the loss of them that die.” (D&C 42:45.)
Moreover, we can’t fully appreciate joyful reunions later without tearful separations now. The only way to take sorrow out of death is to take love out of life."
Russell M. Nelson, “Doors of Death,” Ensign, May 1992, 72
2 comments:
My spirit is sagging a little too. I will certainly miss her! What an incredible woman though! Will we ever meet anyone as amazing and steadfast as her? She is finally with grandpa! I'm sure she is having a glorious family reunion! I also know that she is taking good care of my little brother, and of your precious angel. What better babysitter could there be? PS: I owe you one BIG hug this weekend! I bawled buckets when I heard about your sweet princess, I was really sad I couldn't be there! I guess I will see you this weekend though.
Hey Pam - I haven't read your blog for a while and am sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. Mine passed too just a few months ago... unfortunately, though she raised her children going to church, she never was baptized or attended herself in later years and so didn't have the light of the gospel in her life as it appears your grandmother did. Thank you for your constant example of how real life people can have faith through the ups and downs of every day life.
And PS - looks like you should beat me! I'm not due till March 20th! I'm excited for you! Take care!
Bree
Post a Comment