I'm sorry, that I don't have any pictures for this fun occasion, but I've misplaced my camera for the time being and am going crazy! Anyway, we headed up to my sister's for the 4th and had a great time! Friday we went boating all day and this kids had a blast, we had great weather and a great time. Gary's (my brother-in-law) family was there with us and we had a great time talking with them as well.
Sat. we had a BBQ and settled in to watch the fireworks on the river from my sister's house and Anthony tied Hyrum and Gabe to his waist and the 3 of them climbed up on the roof to watch to show. They had a great time and the boys felt SOO big! Isaac sat with me and got scared the whole time and we ended up progressing from outside, to the front living room to watch from the window, to the back room, to just listen to the accompanying program on the radio, to the downstairs basement where we had to get in bed with him under the covers until the fireworks stopped. He then turned to me and said "Fireworks done Mom?" and I said yes, then he said "Oh, okay." as his whole body relaxed and promptly fell asleep in 5 minutes. So I missed most of the fireworks, but loved spending the time with my son comforting him.
I had a chance to reflect on a few things that night. First, the 4th of July has always been one of my favorite holidays. I'm so grateful to live in a land that has been founded on such noble principles. I am so thankful to the founding fathers for all their sacrifices on our behalf and hope that we will do all we can to keep the blessings they gave their lives for us to enjoy. I know the world is different today than it was then, but I hope that we can each do our part to honor their lives and expand the blessings we have been given in living in this land.
1 comment:
I'm glad you had a great 4th! Even as I pulled up to your mom's house I kept thinking, "Maybe Pam & Anthony will surprise us and show up!" Nope. I missed you guys!
Post a Comment