Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pray for strength

I just received a very timely and needed email from a dear friend of mine. In it she attached Pres. Monson's talk "Be of Good Cheer". I seem to feel weighted down by worries and concerns of this life, and at times they feel overwhelming and I feel that I don't have the strength and at times almost lack to desire to find the strength to go on. I'm so blessed to have a loving Heavenly Father who knows me so well and is so aware of me and what I am feeling. He seems to know my thoughts and feelings even before I do. I am so thankful to have friends who listen to the promptings of the spirit and bless my life.
As I re-read the talk of Pres. Monson's, I sat a cried. My heart broke all over again and I felt the pain of those whose experiences he shared. I feel too their faith. I know for myself, sometimes I doubt that I have the faith, yet I was reminded in those experiences, that that's truly all I really do have. As I ponder my life and attitudes, I think that at times I am looking past the mark as we read about in the scriptures. I feel so weak and I feel that I will break under my load, yet I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that it is in Him I put my faith. I know that he is my Savior and my only way to eternal joy and happiness. In this life I get distracted with my day to day worries and cares. They're not all insignificant or even unimportant, but I some times forget the help I have in my Savior. He has promised to help me and all I need to is pray for strength. Strength that only He can give, strength that I can't find on my own. I pray that I will remember to put my faith in Him and trust him to take care of myself and my loved ones.
On my wall I have a quote that says: "Thank God for what you have; Trust God for what you need." I'm going to try to trust Him more to grant me the strength that I pray for.

No comments: