Sunday, December 6, 2009

Today's gift: wake-up

So for today something that I find to be a blessing is that this morning I woke up late for church and thought there was no way we were going to get there on time or possibly even at all. Then I went up stairs to begin waking the kids dreading the 20-30 min I knew it was going to take to even get them out of bed let alone dressed and ready to go!

What a shock I found when I got there and all 3 of the boys were awake and happy and wanting to play "dradle" a game from our ward party the night before. We told them they could play it if they got up and got dressed fast enough. I think they were all dressed in about 15 min.! We got to church and they started a little late today so we didn't miss a single thing!!! I couldn't believe it! I thought that was the hand of the Lord in my life today.

We had a good weekend as I mentioned with the ward party the night before, making it to church today and paying our tithing while we were there. Then I attended choir practice while Anthony played in the snow with the boys. Later in the day we all attended the 1st Presidency's Christmas devotional and then drove around looking at Christmas lights before heading home. We had a fun dinner once we were here and ended the night by beginning the Book of Mormon again (having finished the Old Testament last night) Over all it was a great weekend and I'm so thankful. Practically perfect in every way and I know each of those things combined to give us a wonderful gift this weekend that would not have been possible without the hand of the Lord in our lives!

1 comment:

Taylor family said...

That sounds like a GREAT day! We all need more days like that:)