We headed up to Idaho for our nephew's baby blessing! My sister Melanie and her husband Gary had their 1st baby BOY!!!! How exciting! Gary is the last male in his family and the Orchard line would have ended with him, but now we have little Braxton to be thankful for.
Gary gave him a wonderful blessing on Sunday and after, he and my sister both bore their testimonies. Gary said in his that he wanted to testify the God answers prayers and not in our time frame. He shared that he'd been praying for a baby boy for 35 years! He has six sisters and began praying for a baby brother when he was a young boy and never got one. Then he and my sister were married and he thought, finally I'll get a boy. Then they struggled to have children, adopted two girls, finally got pregnant and had a third GIRL! He decided that it just wasn't meant to be for him to have a boy. Then, they got pregnant again... and this time it was a BOY!!! He testified that prayers are answered. I share this testimony.
I feel a shared connection since I had no baby sisters and we had 3 boys before we got our little girl. Then with her passing, we've now been blessed with a second girl on the way! I'm so thankful for tender mercies and answered prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment