Friday, November 6, 2009

Yawning my life away....

So I was just thinking about the title of my blog... One Day at a Time. I feel this is so appropriate for me and my life. I think life has to be lived one day at a time or it can feel overwhelming to me. However, I guess depending on how you look at it, it can either be an expression or gratitude or and expression of survival.

I have to admit when I thought of it, it was more an expression of surviving. Sometimes life seems so hard that the only was I can face it is just the one day at a time. I also like the saying "Don't borrow trouble" meaning there's enough to worry about with today's problems that I don't need to add tomorrow's to the list today.

I would like to change the expression to one of appreciating each day one day at a time, and all that we are blessed with in each and every day given to us. This is something that I'll have to work at since as I thought about how if today is the day of my life that I'm living right now... what am I doing with it? Your life is made up of all your yesterdays and today is tomorrow's yesterday... so, what am I doing with it?

Yawning... that's what I'm doing with it! Oh bother! I feel tired most of the time and struggle to find the energy to get things done. But today I thought: is that what my life will be? Sitting around thinking of all the things I wish I was doing and accomplishing? I hope not, so hard as it may be, I'm going to try a little harder as Pres. Hinckley would say to do a little more each day! I DON'T want to YAWN my life away!

No comments: