Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Gratitude Tree

I copied this post from my other blog since I liked it so well and wanted to share it!

I'm thankful for the internet and people sharing their great ideas! I read this yesterday and am going to start doing this in my family this year! I'm so grateful for the idea to bring gratitude to the front of our minds the whole month of November leading up to Thanksgiving!

The Gratitude Tree

In the fall, our family goes on walks to find colorful leaves. After collecting several of our favorites, we seal them in clear Con-Tact paper to preserve them. We put up our artificial Christmas tree on November 1 (without decorations), and every day until Thanksgiving each family member chooses a leaf, writes one thing he or she is grateful for, and hangs it on the tree. As the leaves accumulate, it’s easy for our kids to see how many blessings we have in our lives.

Jennifer Barnes Chicago, Illinois

2 comments:

Michelle said...

LOVE IT!!! Gonna have to do it! Thanks for sharing!

Taylor family said...

I did that one year with my girls except we traced their hands and cute them out in different fall colors. We don't have very many fall leaves in Vegas:) By the way, you're boys are adorable and very thoughtful:)