So, we didn't get to see hardly any of conference this time. We had my Grandma's funeral and a lot of family stuff, but we did get to hear about 5 min of Pres. Monson on Sunday morning, and after that, I decided that we should ask the question each night at dinner "What did you do to help someone today?" So, we have begun to do this.
Tonight, when it was Hyrum's turn he couldn't think of anything and then wanted us to come back to him, so we did. Then in the middle of Anthony's answer, Hyrum pipes up, "Oh yeah! I remember! A bully was picking on a kid at school today and I helped the kid getting picked on and scared the bully away." Anthony and I were a little skeptical about this, so we began asking him questions and discovered that the "kid" being picked on was none other than Savanah L. whom Hyrum happens to have a crush on and it was during second recess and they were all kind of under the slide so the playground attendant didn't see them. Hyrum saw the kid picking on Savanah and he tackled him with a wrestling move Anthony had showed the boys to use as self defense. He said the kid was 8 years old and thought Hyrum was 9 years old, but just small for his age (he's actually 6yrs old). He said the kid got scared and ran away and he didn't even get in any trouble cause no body saw it.
I had to chuckle later because after he told us this, I remembered seeing a lot of other boys give Hyrum high 5's today as he was leaving school and heading to the car. I wondered about it at the time, but just thought he'd had a good day.
I have to say, I don't know about him knocking another kid down, but we were really proud of him for sticking up for someone else. And helping others in need. Man I love my little Man!
4 comments:
That is too cute! I hope that one day a boy like Hyrum has a crush on one of my girls and is brave enough to take down another boy in their defense:)
Haha! I love it! The real question is... what did Savanah do?
That is the best story! What a Studd, Hyrum is!!! Savannah must have swooned at her hero! :-)
That's so funny! Your boys are such cuties. Good to know that they are not only strong on the outside, but the inside too!
Post a Comment